Sunday 9 January 2011

Tilda Swinton

So I don't really know why I like Tilda so much. I have not seen many of her films and on the whole I don't know that much about her. Yet every time I see pictures of her I just feel so inspired. She has such a great face. That gorgeous, androgynous face with those chiseled cheekbones and and intense naked eyes, I often think about her when sketching models for my designs.

I had known about her before but my love of her was born when I saw this editorial in AnOther Magazine (issue16 SS2009). The cover star, modelling the new Spring/Summer designs of the freshest and most exciting talent of recent fashion. The styling combined with the attitude, elegance and poise Tilda brings to the photographs just struck me. Hard.

It's difficult to describe what I felt, and what I still feel, when I look at these images but I just love the fantastical, romantic,mysterious, powerful edge that the outfits conjure. Tilda plays the role of this strong, extraordinary woman beautifully. The emotive face never says too much but still captures the imagination.

They may bot be knew but imagination never has to be on trend.










1 comment:

  1. I love Tilda! She makes a wonderful White Witch :)

    Her dress at the golden globes was also super-chic :)

    more posts plz, harry! xxx

    ReplyDelete